- to stop coughing already.
- something yummy for dinner (and having an appetite again is a good thing).
- to hug my sweet girls across the miles.
- for my friend to write – a memoir, or songs, or whatever lifts his spirits (and those around him).
- to know how to say the things I’d like to, or to feel like they’d matter if I did.
- to celebrate not only what my much-loved country is, or has been, but what it can be when we work together with an eye for achieving what is the greatest good for all, that we might be truly be one nation, under God, indivisible, with liberty and justice for all — in a way we aspire to be but are not quite yet, fallen humans that we are.
Happy 4th of July.